Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 11 July

Go away.

When will you get out of here? Is already too soon for you? Yesterday, maybe? All right, then, lets try right now. And yet you do not go. I suppose this means I will have to bribe you with my voluptuous body in order to sway you to be on your way? No? So, what's wrong? You don't find me attractive, maybe? Oh, it's not me, it's you... boy, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd have... at least a nickel. So, what will it take to persuade you to leave? Ah, yes, the reading. And, if I give it to you, you will be happy and go, correct? Lovely. Allow me to pack your bag. Here you are:
Yours is a sunny and radiant disposition and your charming personality is truly annoying to most of us. You have immense self-control -- or is it just that you find it easy to distance yourself from everything important? You like pleasant surroundings and can make a cactus seem inviting. That's really irksome. Cut it out, right now, before somebody decides to pop you upside the head.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. You're just bubble-headedly sunny. Happy would require connection to reality. Well, at least so long as you're as chirpy as this, you're miles ahead of these people, all of whom, on this date in history, flew this mortal nest: Anthemius, Amalric I, James Smith, Simon Newcomb, Gary Kildall, Michael DeBakey, Robert Runcie, William Chamberlayne, Delmore Schwartz, John W. Campbell, Ross Macdonald, George Gershwin, James Murray, Laurence Olivier, Don Starr, Frances Langford, Shinya Hashimoto, Claudia "Lady Bird" Johnson,
and Helen Forrest.

In the still of the might, once again I send you away.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: