Monday, April 27, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 27 April

Go away.

Why haven't you left? What right do you have to stay? How did I wrong you, to make you punish me in this way? Was it something I said? Must have been in a previous life, because I can't imagine I spoke to you before today. I can't imagine that I'm speaking to you today, but somehow it's happening... Oh, you just came for a simple favor of a reading. And you'll be forever in my debt? No. But you'll be happy enough when I give it to you that you'll leave me alone again? For that, I'm swayed. Here you are:
You are stubborn. Don't argue with me. You are. Still, at least you're not too judgmental, and, for the most part, a reasonable sort. Not that we find that terribly attractive. After all, you allow your reason to rule over your passion at all times, which makes you deadly-dull in the romance department.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. But there's no point in arguing with me. I'm stubborn, too. And I'm determined that you will understand that, even with the worst readings, at least you have your life. That always, hands-down, beats the alternative, which these people all gained on this date in history, when they moved south of the frostline: Maeda Toshiie, Henry Parkes, Karl Pearson, Guido Castelnuovo, Gerard K. O'Neill, Ruth Handler, Pope Leo XI, Robert Abercromby, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Hart Crane, Carlos Castaneda, Jan van Goyen, Alexander Scriabin, Alois Hirt, Vicki Sue Robinson, William Charles Macready, Stanley Adams, Ferdinand Magellan, Zebulon Pike, Edward R. Murrow, Konosuke Matsushita, William Colby, Bunches of soldiers,
and Mstislav Rostropovich.

You had me at "cello".
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: