Monday, August 01, 2011

Yes, it's all Bush's fault....

After half my friends continue to claim that all our current economic woes can still be lain at Bush's doorstep, I looked something up on the official Bureau of Labor Statistics site.
Note how unemployment jumped from around 4% to around 6% right around and just after 9/11/01, and they came slowly, gradually, back down nearly to where they were when Bush first took office (please recall, it was established that, as he took office in January 2001, we were already in a recession) showing a remarkable stability... and then, suddenly, in 2008, it virtually doubled.


Hunh. I wonder what happened in 2008 which might have Changed things? I Hope we can undo the damage, and soon!

Darn that Dubya!


(Sorry about the chopping off of the image. I couldn't figure out how to shrink the government graph any more than Congress seems capable of shrinking the budget.)

No comments: