Sunday, September 06, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 6 September

Go away.

Why aren't you gone, yet? Did somebody nail your feet to the ground? No? Then what is keeping you here on my hillside, against all reasonable expectations? Oh, naturally, you came here for something I have, and you think I will be willing to give it to you. Well, let me be the one to break it to you, that I have nothing to give you except my charming and delightful company, and I'm not offering that to you, no matter what you offer me in return. Oh, so you don't want my company? Then why haven't you left, yet? Oh, you want... haven't we been here before? Ah. You want a reading, and then you'll leave. Why didn't you say so, instead of repeating yourself? If I give you this reading, you will leave, correct? Spiffy-nifty. Here you are:
Good gravy, but you make turtles and snails look speedy! Step by step you work, stopping to admire your work often along the way, even though it usually doesn't warrant a second glance. In spite of your stubbornness, you are often led by the nose by others. Domestic and occasionally gracious, you will have a happy home life unless you share it with others.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. But then, some of us here don't really care. Happiness is only temporary, no matter what. Still, happy or not, you are still in that state of temporariness which will continue to put you a notch above these people, who had, on this date in history, reached the state of absolute permanence: Ashikaga Yoshizumi, John McCain, Sr., Hendrik Verwoerd, Metius, Frederick Augustus Abel, Pope John XIII, Vicedomino de Vicedominis, William Tyndale, Thomas Dempster, Sully Prudhomme, Christy Brown, Madeleine L'Engle, Arthur Rackham, Hanns Eisler, Tom Wilson, Johnny Desmond, Tom Fogerty, Nicky Hopkins, Bertinazzi, Akira Kurosawa, Harry Goz, Gertrude Lawrence, Olga Baclanova, Blanche Sweet, Anita Page, John Stuart Hindmarsh, Seiichiro Kashio, Leroy Brown, Bob Goldham, Sören Nordin, Edmund Gibson, Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson, James W. Gerard, Margaret Sanger, Alex,
Luciano Pavarotti

and Ernest Tubb.

How about walking the exit for me?
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: