Monday, August 03, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 3 August

Go away.

Why won't you go? What is it that holds you to the spot? Besides gravity, I mean. What keeps you from traipsing back down the mountainside? Oh, of course, you came here for something only I can offer you. It surely can't be my scintillating conversation, as I've been practicing not scintillating, and, if I must say, I'm getting very good at lacking twinkle. So, why are you still here? Ah, so I see. You want a reading. If I give you what you want, you will leave? I'm beginning to sparkle. Let me rush to satisfy you on that front. Here you are:
You are uncommunicative, but still manage to make it clear you are stubborn and aloof. Trusting nobody, you carry out your little plots all on your own, using your own version of good judgment. You are affectionate, of sorts, and need blind adoration from your mate or you will be miserable. Misery, they say, loves company, so at least you won't be lonely.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. You aren't destined for happiness. In fact, though, you have it pretty good. Well, you have it better than these people, anyway, since, on this date in history, they all joined the stars above: King James II of Scotland, Bernardino de Mendoza, William Butler Ogden, Richard Marshall, Richard Arkwright, Ferdinand Georg Frobenius, Emile Berliner, Thorstein Veblen, Richard Willstätter, Bertil Ohlin, Scaramuccia Trivulzio, Chinmayananda, Joseph Conrad, Colette, Flannery O'Connor, John Gardner, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, Francesco Borromini, Grinling Gibbons, Joseph Severn, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Roger Voudouris, Erik Darling, Alfred Lunt, Carolyn Jones, Ida Lupino, Lenny Bruce,
and Arthur Lee.

Now, you leave the scene.
happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: