Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 30 July

Go away.

Why do you not go? How is that? Don't you have somewhere else to be? Don't you have something else to do besides harass an old hermit? It's not as if I'm up here for my social life, after all. Come, now, go now. And, yet, you stay. What can I do to get shut of you? And, pardon me if I don't ply my great powers to this question. Just give me a straight answer. Why are you here? I see. You want a reading. Because? I see. Because I see. And, if I give you this reading, you will be happy and go? I see. Well, then, let us waste no more time on banter. Here you are:
Oooh, you are a fussy one! You're not so good at making friends, but when you do, they're oners. You are ambitious and persevering, and a regular chameleon at work. In love, not so much. You would do everybody else a favor if you were to be a simple homebody.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. But who cares? At least you're able to file your complaint before you go home. That puts you far ahead of these folks, all of whose complaints, on this date in history, caused them to be called home to the hereafter: Maria Theresa of Spain, William Penn, Miguel Hidalgo, George Pickett, Otto von Bismarck, Emperor Meiji, Joseph Cook, Bảo Đại, Julia Hall Bowman Robinson, Jacob Baradaeus, Pope Benedict I, Thomas Abel, Robert Barnes, Thomas Gray, Joyce Kilmer, Jun'ichirō Tanizaki, Howard Dietz, Joe Shuster, Michelangelo Antonioni, Ingmar Bergman, Buffalo Bob Smith, Lynn Fontanne, Brenda Marshall, Claudette Colbert, Lane Frost, Ray Cunningham, Al Balding, Bill Walsh, Anton Schwarzkopf,
and, since no musician or composer of any real significance bought the farm on this date, I'll just pop in another obnoxious bit of video, to drive you off with a clear beat...

You can't be me, and that's all there is to it.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: