Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 7 June

Go away.

I did ask you to leave. Why won't you? Is there some cosmic joke upon me? Why do you plague me so, by interrupting my wondrous solitude? Oh, you want a reading, do you? And, if I give it to you, will you happily skip down the road to elsewhere? That will do, then. Here you are:
You are impulsive, act quickly and are easily discouraged, and although you mean well, you should remember which road is paved with good intentions. You are supremely touchy-feely and become wounded if you aren't absolutely loved in the way you have convinced yourself you need and deserve. Haven't you bled out from those wounds, yet? From here, it looks as though you should have.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. I don't love you in that way. Still, I can offer you this heart-warming thought -- you're still here. That beats what these people had, all of whom, on this date in history, suffered their final heart beats: Robert the Bruce, Ashikaga Takauji, Thomas West, King Frederick William III, Chief Seattle, Joseph von Fraunhofer, Alan Blumlein, Alan Turing, Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, Henry Dodwell, William Warburton, Dorothy Parker, E. M. Forster, Henry Miller, Betty Neels, David Cox, Jean Arp, Paul Gerhardt, Vernon Washington, Dan Duryea, Trevor Goddard, Jean Harlow, Zasu Pitts, Judy Holliday, Bill France, Jim McKay, Charles Reed Bishop, Max Factor, Jr.,
and, since no notable musicians lost the beat on this date (that I can see, anyway), I'll just give you one more heartbeat, from Red 7.

I understand it very clearly, much to my chagrin.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: