Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 20 June

Go away.

Will you get out of here? Why aren't you gone? Is the exit gate suddenly locked, after years of being rusted open? Are you confused as to which way is down? Why are you here? Oh, you came for a reading, did you? And, if I give you one, you will promptly go. I see. Well, of course, if I apply myself, I can see even more, like that you won't like what I have to say, but you, like so many, believe that your life will be different from everybody else's. So, here I give you you:
You have some originality, executive skills, and mechanical skills, if you ever decide to apply yourself. You are stuffy and spend much energy on what you view as "deep thoughts," but the rest of us experience those same when we don't eat for a day or two. You are rather an irksome busybody.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. Well, color me surprised! You can at least look on the positive side of this, though. You're able to feel your disappointment. These people, on this date in history, stopped feeling anything but the pressure of six feet of dirt above them: Theodorid, Louis the Pious, William IV, Toshizou Hijikata, Benjamin Huntsman, Abraham Gotthelf Kästner, Kurt Alder, Raphaël Salem, Erwin Chargaff, Jack Kilby, Bruno Frank, John Clayton Adams, Carl Friedrich Abel, Jim Ellison, Mark Robson, Estelle Winwood, Johannes Zukertort, Lou Klein, Billy Johnson, Willem Barentsz, Bugsy Siegel, Howard Johnson,
and Lawrence Payton.

It is the same old song, even after all these years.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: