Thursday, April 02, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 2 April

Go away.

Why won't you make like a tree and leave? Don't you know how it pains me to see a person standing in my view? Are you cruel and heartless, or simply thoughtless? Oh, it's worse than that, you're after something I have. AS IF. I have nothing of value, now, have I? Aaaaahhhh, you want a reading. And then you'll go? I think I can arrange that. Here you are:
You are the perfect target for mooches and cadges (mind if I borrow a few bucks from you?). You are sociable and gracious to a fault, and sickeningly polite so that people walk all over you. You enjoy being outdoors, and love flowers, you darned hippie. Your family is very important to you, and as long as you have a bank account, they will remain close to you.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. But you could look on the bright side of this -- you are politely and sincerely remaining a member of the living, as opposed to these people, all of whom, on this date in history, lept into the bosom of Abraham: Baldwin I of Jerusalem, Ferdinand III, Joseph Dudley, Thomas Gage, Ambrose P. Hill, Esther Morris, Empress Zauditu, Josei Toda, Georges Pompidou, James Douglas, Johann Jacob Dillenius, Thomas Dadford Junior, Ludwig Heinrich Bojanus, Samuel F. B. Morse, Hermann Rorschach, Theodore William Richards, John Argyris, Francis of Paola, Jean-Jacques Olier, Pope John Paul II, Thomas Carte, C. S. Forester, Bernard "Buddy" Rich, Rob Pilatus, Tomisaburo Wakayama, Paul Reed, Betty Furness, Jennifer Syme, Toshitsugu Takamatsu, Gil Hodges, Harvey Penick, Jesse James,
and Edwin Starr.

Keep on walking... however many miles it is.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: