Monday, March 30, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 30 March

Go away.

Why are you here? Why didn't you leave when I asked you to? Are you dim, deaf, or just plain mean? Oh, you're here for something I have. And what do I get out of this? Do I get to see you go away quickly? Wonderful. That's the kind of exchange I can live with. So, what is it I can get for you to make you go? Ah, a reading. I think I can arrange that. Here you are:
You are anal and give excessive thought and analysis before even beginning anything. You need to learn to trust your friends; if you try to question their motives, you'll only disappoint yourself and get nothing done, because they'll be insulted and leave you to do everything on your own. Killjoy.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. You had to question my motives. Well, my motives are clear and simple -- I'm alive, and I like being that way. You could find similar satisfaction, especially if you consider how these people, and so many others, on this date in history went the opposite path and wound up on the far crossroads: Charilaos Trikoupis, Newbold Morris, Heinrich Brüning, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon aka The Queen Mum, Adam Ries, William Hunter, Friedrich Bergius, Philip Showalter Hench, Thomas Bourchier, Daniil Andreev, Karl Rahner, Karl May, DeWitt Wallace, Alistair Cooke, Robert Creeley, Sébastien Le Prestre, Seigneur de Vauban, Elisabeth Vigee-Lebrun, Thomas Couture, Maxfield Parrish, Pietro Locatelli, Abdel Halim Hafez, Timi Yuro, Gary Morton, Bobby Driscoll, Harold Peary, Michael Jeter, Milton Green, Red Hickey, David Leslie, Richard Lloyd, Beau Brummell, Gabriel Heatter, Dith Pran,
and James Cagney.

I don't know how far over there they are, but I'm glad I don't have to go, too.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: