Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Take a deep breath and relax...

I may have mentioned that things around here are a bit hectic, lately.

It isn't so much that I'm running every which way, but rather, my mind is firing off in all directions and nothing gets accomplished. At least, not by me.

But there is a good news end to some of this chaos: Pop is out of surgery, and he's alive and grumping.

Well, he will be when he wakes up.

What was supposed to have been outpatient surgery ended up slightly more interesting for those who were working there, this morning.

You see, the original plan was simply a prostate reduction deal, where they'd go in with a scope, zap away with a laser, and wheel him out to sit on a funny cushion for a couple of days. Unfortunately, they discovered, in the last pre-op barrage of tests, that he had had a couple of gall stones migrate down into the same vicinity as their planned work, so they had to make a bit of a... um... detour. He was on the table for a little longer than originally planned, and, as a result of the slightly more stressful work done, Pop is going to spend the night in post-op observation at the hospital.

So far, the word is, he's fine and resting as comfortably as can be expected.

Mom is staying over there, to be near him, in case he needs somebody to talk to. She won't be home until after visiting hours are ended.

This leaves me to attend to the needs of the animals over here. Which reminds me... I have yet to post the Dogblog. I'd better get on it right away.

No comments: