Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Head low, hat in hand

I make apologies, abjectly, for my neglecting my blog this week. My excuse, such as it is, is...

things.

I have a friend who is feeling rejected by a group who are not worthy of her talents, and, yet, she needs their approval (or that of a like group) in order to establish her career in the future. Her counselor and I (and many others who care for her) have made her promise she will not give up, and, indeed, will kick their hindquarters, intellectually and spiritually, when the next round begins.

Another friend has lost a husband, rather suddenly, from an illness not on the originally recognized list of his woes.

A third friend has been preparing to leave town for a few weeks, hoping I can act as agent at auctions, so we had been squaring away details... such as they can be.

My father (Pop) is preparing for some outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. He is nver much of a happy camper when it comes to his no-longer-perfect health, but he's downright grumpy, these days, so I have to lie low when he comes around.

My garage roof needs Bondo. There are some holes in the corrugated fiberglass, left over from treefall. And, yet, it rains and the temperature drops, so I should wipe and apply duct tape and leftover strips of corrugated fiberglass, until the spring thaw makes it possible for the Bondo to properly set. The holes are worrisome, especially over the furniture-side of things (and especially considering I can't tell if the electrical wiring is damaged in all that chaos. Not that I ever use the light and outlet out there).

And, I'm getting ready to take a trip out west, to meet with the daughter I gave up for adoption 28 years ago. I will be flying out of the Quad Cities in just under two weeks. Meanwhile, I believe said daughter is in the hospital or other such accommodations, as she is due to deliver a son this week. I'm waiting for news.

In other words, not exactly a quiet week, so far. And I'm led to believe this is not the half of it.

So, forgive me if my head is elsewhere, such as, not in its hat.

No comments: