Monday, April 10, 2006

Excuses... with request

Sorry I'm not bloggy today. I had an emergency call from my friend, ex sailorette, so I haven't had much opportunity to think of much else.

Just a little background on things: ex s. is, as the nickname implies, retired from the navy, on disability. She's been suffering from excruciating deterioration of discs in her spine, plus a host of other health problems -- some related, some not so much. But she's been doing amazingly well, all things considered.

She's also got an incredibly generous soul, and a fairly great abundance of faith (something I have lacked most of my life, much to my occasional serious frustration). Well, ex s. is having her faith and patience tested today. Without going into details, I'm asking for anybody who has prayers -- or even kind thoughts -- to send whatever powers you have in her direction, and toward the boys for whom she's been legal guardian. Her house is full of good people who need more strength than they think they have, this week.

Science may say there is no power in prayer, but it can't hurt, can it?

No comments: