Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Global warming on hold

I like science. I especially like science when it makes politics look like the dog doo that it is. In case anybody missed this over the weekend, It seems that the Kyoto Accord is either successful (according to a tongue-in-cheek Instapundit) or moot (according to Telegraph columnist Bob Carter). Either way, Al Bore and his shrill brigades will need to come up with some other issue over which to panic. The steady, creeping heat wave caused by our overconsumption of fossil fuels seems to have taken a few years off. We've had static climatic measures since 1998.

O'Course, we probably could do ourselves some good to wean ourselves off that nasty old black goo they pump out of the sands in Saudi Arabia and points Mideast. Just don't do it because you think you're saving some penguins.


Now I have to rethink my garden plans, since I was counting on IL becoming a vast desert where saguaro cacti would be comfy to grow. Gotta repair the lawn mower, I guess.

No comments: