Saturday, June 11, 2005

Three Cheers for George

George Sensenbrenner, that is. It's nice to see that he has the intelligence and courage to shut down a farce, even if it's just for the weekend.

The AP article I linked concludes with:
"House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, in a statement, said the hearing was an example of Republican abuse of power and she would ask House Speaker Dennis Hastert to order an apology from Sensenbrenner."


If somebody brought Amnesty International before me, expecting me to listen to them after all the Anti-American tripe they've presented recently, I'd probobly have shown much less restraint than Sensenbrenner showed. Apology my Aunt Frances.

Maybe I can move to Wisconsin in time for his next election? I think I could vote for George Sensenbrenner at least a few times.


Added thought: if bloggers can discontinue a discussion thread because the posters are continuing off-topic, it seems to me that Sensenbrenner has shown remarkable bloggy mastery in shutting down the non-PATRIOT USA discussion of abu Ghraib and Gitmo before it went any further. That's pretty cool. Next time they do something like that, he can put up a big sign reading "OT" and move on again.

Maybe there is hope for some people in Congress.

No comments: