Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Call me a true Cubs' Fan

I posted yesterday that I would reserve judgment, regarding the quick announcement that Durbin had apologized. In reading AP's account of it, then seeing the video & following through to make sure I hadn't missed something crucial, I believe I can safely say that my training as a Cubs fan, in not counting all my chicks before they're hatched, has stood me in good stead once again:

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. "

Yup. That's an unqualified apology for his inapt and offensive statements, all right.

And the Cubbies won the Series in 1994, just like I've told everybody (well, nobody else won, so it must have been the Cubs, right?).

Senator, with all due respect, come back when you have a genuine apology.

No comments: