Monday, March 21, 2022

Postcards of the Day: Farm Humor

 Yesterday I came to you from a modern kitchen, so today I'll bring in something from the farmers' fields, in chronological order from their having been planted – erm – postmarked or published/copyrighted.


copyrighted Photograph 1908 by W. H. Martin
"Here is the place we grow large cabbage"









Copyright 1909
Edward H. Mitchell 
San Francisco
"1886 – A CARLOAD OF GRAPES FROM CALIFORNIA"

Postmark Boomville CAL., 1909
addressed to Mrs. Jno. Van Pappledam,
Warsaw, Ill.
Boomville Californay,
Dear Friend, Have
thought of you often
am well haveing
a good time; Hope
you and husband
are well; I want you write and 
give Mrs Horner's home
address as soon
as you can; I have
bin so many plases
since I left I tel 
you married life
beats living alone
you friend Mrs
G G DuBois


postmark Kansas City MO, Nov 15 1948
to Mrs Dora Downey
R. R. #2
Plymouth Illinois
Dear Mother.
We got in here
around 6:30 and
got a room at the 
YMCA.We have
rode the street
car and ben down
to the stock yards.
We are going to Pheobe
tonite. Bye, Bye. Gale, Daddy


No comments: