Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Catblog: Peanut and the green-eyed monster

This is Proserpina, aka Peanut. She's usually a carefree, happy-go-lucky, roly-poly sort of kitten in a grown-up body -- pretty much a bundle of cute.

Undercover Peanut

But this week, jealousy got the best of her.

She caught me talking to the outside kitties. She looked out the window and there I was, with Maus on my shoulder. So, when I came indoors and readied myself for bed, she burrowed under the covers and tried to kill my slipper-socks -- with my feet still in them. Peanut came out when I rattled the kitty-crack pouch, but didn't look too happy to be distracted from her search-and-destroy mission.

She was still exacting revenge, hours later, when she pretended she was chasing her toy mouse across my head. At 3:27 a.m. And again at 3:53 a.m. And then at 5:19 a.m. She settled down at daybreak, when I had to get out of bed.



If you're losing sleep over not seeing enough beasties, be sure to visit Modulator, for Friday Ark # 130, and on Sunday, make certain you stop in at the Carnival of the Cats, this week to be hosted at Pet's Garden Blog.

No comments: