Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You annoy me, I have you arrested

I've read lots of different bloggers and legal experts' opinions on the issue of applying the telephone harassment laws to anonymous blogging and blogger comments, and still hadn't really known whether or not to be worried by the potential. After all, half the people say it's something over which to panic (or at least, to sit up and say, "Hey, now!"), and the other half say 'tis nought. And these are people whose opinions are fairly well-informed, and usually rational and trustworthy, in my experience. So, for the most part, I've been stuck in reserve-your-judgement purgatory, on this topic of free speech versus personal attack. I really haven't had a clue whether or not to start biting my fingernails again.

Eugene Volokh explains the situation.

And, the way Volokh says it, I take notice.


Sign in, please. And pass me the nail clippers.

No comments: