Monday, November 18, 2019

Christine



Now she's in purple
Now she's a turtle…

There's nothing quite like a visual trigger, now, is there? I saw an image of a pair of purple shoes, a couple of days ago, and, one would think, naturally, that it would lead to the usual culprits when it comes to purple earworms. Or, something even sadder.

But Siouxsie Sioux seems to stick with me, into the new century. The Banshees captivated me from the first time I heard them. It doesn't hurt that their members ultimately were members of so many different influential bands of the era... but that's not why they're on my internal playlist. I hear them because they had their own catchy stuff.

And, of course, because, not only do I see purple, but the repetition gets reinforced when some wiseacre has to share a meme on social media…





No comments: