Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 29 August

Go away.

Why won't you leave? What is holding you here? How come you're still here? When will you go? Who do I have to pay to get rid of you? Where else but here can one torment a medium, anyway? Have I asked sufficient questions to drive you out? So, then, pack up and get gone... why aren't you moving? You want something from me. And that something, which I must grudgingly give to you is...? Silly me, as though I couldn't have guessed, or at least used my vast powers to predict! You came here for a reading. And, once I give you a reading, you will go away? Hip-de-hidey-ho! Here you are:
You might, if you so chose, be an entertaining and amusing talker. If you ever chose topics which wouldn't annoy us all. You like music and art, and, if you could understand it, might also enjoy intellectual stimulation, such as one might get by associating with cultured people, instead of people growing cultures. You are stuffy and serious. Get used to living alone.
Are you happy, now? Of course not. But I really don't give a rat's hindquarters. And you can go work on figuring out how to become happy. You might start with this positive notion: you're alive. That puts you miles ahead of the vast majority of the human race -- including these people, all of whom, on this date in history, moved permanently into basement headquarters: Basil I, Cristovão da Gama, Tokugawa Iemochi, Pierre Messmer, Gregory King, Pierre Lallement, Sydney Chapman, Michael Schoenberg, Pope Pius VI, Edmund Ignatius Rice, Brigham Young, William Archibald Spooner, Lowell Thomas, Jacques-Germain Soufflot, Graeme "Shirley" Strachan, Frank Perry, Simon Oakland, Lee Marvin, Alan MacNaughtan, Jean Hagen, Ingrid Bergman, Brian McGuire, John Lilburne, Edmund Hoyle, David T. Abercrombie, Adolphus Busch III, Sayyid Qutb, Nathan Leopold, Peter Scott, Richard Jewell, Alfred Peet, James Muir Cameron Fletcher,
Archie Campbell

and Jimmy Reed.

I want you to go... Honest, I Do.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: