Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cranky Large Medium reading, 22 February

Go away.

Will you be going, please? I don't think I can beg hard enough. What prompts you to remain in my company, anyway? Oh, right. You came here for your reading. Day after day, the same stuff. Well, I must tell you, this being a medium has its downside. Perhaps I could consider giving it up for lent. Of course, my not being a practicing Catholic does put a damper on that idea. But if I give you what you're asking, then at least I'll be left alone for another day, right? Then, swell, here you are:
You are too apt to be pessimistic. Stop trying to copy me and find your own path. You are capable of great things if you will accept the present happiness and not worry about the future. Fat chance of that, eh? Maybe you could just buy some worry beads... stop in at the gift store on your way downhill. You are generous to a fault – did I suggest you stop in at the gift store already? – and can love deeply, if you find the right person. That's a very big "if."
Are you happy, now? Of course not. Happiness takes practice. Heck, though, you ought to at least appreciate how much better you have things than these people, all of whom, on this date in history, without lent, gave up the ghost: Roger Borsa, David II of Scotland, Felix Frankfurter, Jean-Jacques Bertrand, Amerigo Vespucci, Olivier van Noort, Frederik Ruysch, Francis Atterbury, Adam Ferguson, Sir Charles Lyell, Jessamyn West, Charles Le Brun, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, Carl Heinrich Bloch, Peter Arno, Andy Warhol, Chuck Jones, Francesco Gasparini, Hugo Wolf, Dominic "Nick" LaRocca, Efrem Zimbalist, "Papa" John Creach, Anthony Burger, Alexander Scourby, Ed Flanders, Angela Baddeley, Simone Simon, Andy Seminick, Dennis Johnson, John Jacob Astor III, Kasturba Gandhi, Daniel Pearl, Howard Verne Ramsey,
and Florence Ballard.

What? I can't hear you over the symphony.
Happy birthday, anyway.

No comments: