Saturday, May 24, 2008

About my luggage...

With the announcement all over the news that American Airlines is going to start charging for each and every checked bag on flights, I started to wonder: when they lose my bags next time, will I get reimbursed merely for the $15 they charged me for getting it there, or will they do the honorable thing and give me enough to replace what they lost? Shouldn't some of that gas money for shipping a bag go into a real insurance policy, too? Or is that too much incentive for the to hire competent baggage handlers?


The decision to bill folks for extra weight is completely understandable and logical, with fuel prices increasing. Nevertheless, if you itemize costs, the company becomes directly accountable for the items. Just adding a general increase in ticket costs for everybody would, I imagine, have been safer for them in the long run.

No comments: