Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ice, ice baby

Well, now, the forecast was accurate, once more. We're in the midst of an ice storm -- freezing rain makes the streets downright deadly. I walked over from my house to here (the folks' place) this morning, and it took me roughly ten minutes to traverse the distance... slightly more than 200 meters. I was gently placing my foot down on crunchy grass surfaces wherever I could, and learning to skate across paved surfaces.

So, once more, we need to concern ourselves with the possibility that the power lines may be brought down by ice and wind. whee.

Funny thing, though... I like this weather. As long as I don't have to drive anywhere, it's pretty neat. The trees always look so awesome when the light bounces off their glazed branches, and, except for the risk of hypothermia, it's not so bad to go sliding around town, once in a while.

Who'd 'a' thunk I would turn into some sort of glass-half-full type, on a cold Saturday morning?

No comments: