Friday, March 09, 2007

Democrats even hate their own

Recent comments by Democrat leadership leave me wondering what they use instead of their brains. There they sit, on the floors of the Washington State legislature, calling the NASCAR crowd all sorts of names, when I know for a fact there are NASCAR fans who also vote blue ticket... such as my brother-in-law.

This is not a man of inferior intellect, either. He couldn't be, and still have had the good judgment and good luck to marry my seester. That smug comment about my blood kin aside, my BIL is a smart, strong, decent, well-educated man who works for the federal government, and still likes watching stock cars perpetually turn left. His brains are not in question. His taste is not in question. And I am beginning to admire his loyalty, if he remains a member of that party after they call him and his fellow fans this sort of thing:
“These people are not the kind of people you would want living next door to you. They’d be the ones with the junky cars in the front yard and would try to slip around the law.”

I'm thinking most folks would rather have my BIL and sis next door to them than have me, with my dagnabbed cats and my falling trees. But then, I'm not the kind of person who judges a person by the sports he enjoys. I like and respect my BIL regardless of the fact that he has a thing for noisy toys.

No comments: