Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday night carnival

Life isn't fair, sometimes. But we make do with it as best we can.

I didn't want to go to bed depressed on the eve of the 5th anniversary of 9/11/01, and neither did I want anybody else to do so. Therefore, I present to you... two views of the ferris wheel at the center of the 2006 Warren County Prime Beef Festival.

This was Wednesday evening, right at sunset, Ferris Wheel, Wednesday as I attended the fair with family friend Jackie and her friend Rosa. We didn't stay very long... we were tired after a very long day, and on Thursday Rosa had to fly home to Germany. Sleep came early that night.

So.

On to Saturday afternoon, when I returned to see the Cook-Off, it was pouring rain upon us all. I sat in the car until the rains eased a bit, and got this shot of the ride. Rainy Ferris Wheel

The rains eased just in time, BTW. The Cook-Off had a few bugs, but by and large went well. And I got my lemon shake-up and my funnel cake (even though the funnel cake did my digestion a disservice).

So, remember, dreams are for the living and life is but a dream.

Time to catch a few Zs.
Moon Under Zipper

No comments: