Friday, November 04, 2005

Catblog Friday: bête noire

There are two identical black male kittens which roam my yard, but today, I crossed over into being able to tell the twins apart -- not by the way they look, but because one of them actually now seems unafraid to come near me. Initially, he was studiously avoiding me

bête noire 1, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.


but a moth flew into his field of vision, so he began to track it.

bête noire 2, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.

The moth flew over and landed on my camera, since I was sitting amid the flowers these multi-legged creatures seem to find so attractive, so the wee black beastie followed it over

bête noire 3, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.

and watched it until it flew over my head and away

bête noire 4, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.

at which time the little black beastie decided he was more interested in moving away from me and striking his noble poses on a nearby log.

bête noire 5, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.



(In case you're wondering what I've given as his name, our family has a long history of honoring the animals we care for by giving them netherworldly names. This little guy is now Furfur.)

Update: while I was learning a new Phrench Phrase to describe ma wee beastie, Iowahawk has covered the feline unrest around Paris

This is the fourth time I've tried to post this little guy on my blog. I had him up all day, but when I tried to update, the whole thing got swallowed by the interdimensional vortex and sent into the Universe of the Single Sock. Let's hope it stays up, this time.

Update 2: Welcome all who've dropped in from this week's Carnival of the Cats at pages turned. I hope you grow to like Furfur as much as I do.

No comments: