Friday, October 21, 2005

Catblog: Game of Hide-and-seek

Since it's Friday, and that means catblogging for the Carnival of the Cats, or simply for the pleasure of sharing cats with the world, I offer you a day of funshine with the wee beasties who own my house and garden:

It was never my plan to make my yard cat-friendly, but it would seem that, in making it less in need of mowing, I have done just that. All the stray cats from the neighborhood seem to come to play each day. After they have their fill of whatever kibble I provide, they gather around the stump of the old maple tree and set the rules for the day. Today, CoCoPuff, one of the calicos, was disinclined to run, so she stayed put as the others scattered on Aye Aye's count.

KittyStump, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.


Eventually, though, she sauntered away and hid. The game commenced.

I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.


Anselm wasn't very good at running to hide, but it looks as though he was pretty good at eluding his brother


Aye Aye kept looking. He's no quitter.

B&W In Color, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.


At long last, he caught the final player

Gotcha! You're it! , originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.



And they say my life must be dull because I don't have kids...



Update: I welcome those of you who have just arrived from Mind of Mog. Plop a purrball in your lap and "set a spell" to visit. Let me know if you see something you like. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great series, and yes, they're fun to watch!