Sunday, August 21, 2005

DownstatePundit.com: Avery v. State Farm

DownstatePundit.com brings us good news -- well, at least good news to my folks. The IL State Supreme Court told the people who were suing State Farm over using generic parts as replacements that they could take their suit and jump in the lake (or the river. I don't know what's the closest body of water to Williamson, IL....

This won't affect me terribly much, since I own no motor vehicle (although I do occasionally sit before this computer, pull up this image of a racecar and let my imagination go wild). But the 'rents own 2, both insured by State Farm. It will be nice to think that their premiums may not keep rising from the cost of always having to use the most expensive parts to repair each car after some idiot has an accident. If the owner wants to use a more expensive part, he can pay the difference himself, and not charge my folks --and every other State Farm customer -- for it.

No comments: