Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Someone else's history, my collection

 It's been a while since my favorite auction house closed down (may Jerry rest in peace), so much of what paper material I bought there has been sitting around, waiting for me to give it my full attention. This week, I broke open a cardboard box filled with photos (including a couple of envelopes of negatives), nearly all of which date from 90 years ago or more.  

Rather than let these things deteriorate any more, I've begun to scan them, and to do my best to edit them for maximum recognizability, without doing too much to alter the nature of the photo in the first place.

As I work through these photos, I'll uploading them to several sites, so that, even if my house gets shredded by a tornado, the pix will not be lost until the apocalypse erases all data from every corner of the digital universe. Because, why not?

(click on any image to embiggen)












No comments: