Saturday, September 22, 2007

Gratuitous Postcards: The proper way to spend a weekend

Postcard: A Day's Catch Up the River

I don't fish. Not that I lack the desire to do so, but rather, I lack the gift for sitting still and waiting patiently for something to come to me.

But even the best fishermen, these days, don't use this particular turn of phrase to describe where they "ben fishin'". For most of us, today, the words "up the river" mean something more like this: Postcard:  Prisoners marching @ IL State Penitentiary

Some of my old friends from my dissipated youth might point out there is little difference between the state of those in the top card and those in the bottom card. Neither will enjoy the weekend as much as the fisherman will.


My idea of the perfect weekend is sitting back with a few good friends, enjoying some good music, a few good beers, and a lot of laughs. In fact, those are my plans for this evening... and into tomorrow, most likely (no auction! egad! whatever shall I do with that empty space near the front door to my house?).

Enjoy! Life is too short and too uncertain to accept anything less than full-tilt silliness.

No comments: