Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The folks are almost home

My parents have been, as you may have read earlier, away at an Elderhostel in Georgia. I just got a call from Mom saying they're at the Spoon River Rest Area (they're on the west-bound side, natch). They'll be stopping off for dinner in Galesburg, and then coming right home. Gotta go empty dishwasher, do a load of laundry, straighten the bookshelves to hide the fact that I've raided them, put away thousands of postcards, and quick-dust the house before Jeopardy! comes on in 12 minutes.

Anybody know where I can get a time compression/dilation unit, cheap and in a hurry? Ah, well, never mind. The house isn't a total wreck. It's just my nerves, again. House-sitting is a big responsibility, especially when half the people you're covering for just happen to be neat freaks like Dad.

It's a good thing I kicked out all the party-goers and returned the twenty empty kegs... Now, what to do about the holes in the walls and the airplane parked in the attic?

Probably won't have much chance to blog tomorrow, since I expect Mom will want to catch up on her e-mail and download all her photos from the trip... and then I'll get to see the pix.

She makes slide shows.

Fortunately for me, she's a really good photographer, and a comparable historian/archivist, as well. I'm actually looking forward to it.

If only I could convince her she should blog.

No comments: