Friday, June 09, 2006

Plan ahead for yard sale extraordinaire

Some of my friends are preparing (actually have been preparing for at least the past six months) for the
100 Miles of Yard Sales,
the description in the Register-Mail being:
June 17-18
Warren to Bureau counties, along U.S. 34, all day. Entertainment, demonstrations, children's activities, antiques, crafts, collectibles.


I keep thinking I ought to put stuff out on a table at one of these monster events, just so I can make more room for the books I keep buying. Knowing my luck, though, everybody will recognize that what I'm selling is real crap. Nevertheless, what comes up at these sales is often really amazing. I have a friend who bought a lovely 19th c. piece of Murano glass for a dollar, and another who found an equally old (at least) Meissen for about $20 (and, yes, he knows his stuff on this). Ya just never know.

No comments: