Friday, June 23, 2006

Leave your skin alone! That tatt could kill you

According to the Sun-Times, people with illegal tattoos are getting the superbug, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). If you've considered going to some bonehead "artist" with an ink-jet cartridge and some guitar strings for his tools, belay that. MRSA is that nasty flesh-eating bacterium that killed a coupla/few athletes after they worked out on unclean weight training equipment. Bad enough some folks now think of exercise and tragedy as linked (I've pretty much felt that way all along, though, without MRSA), you probably don't want to associate the loss of a leg -- or worse! -- with, say, a Clapton solo.

Makes me happy I never followed through on my threat to shave my head & get a hairstyle tattooed on my scalp. I'm pretty sure my stylist is grateful, too. Probably for a different reason, though.

No comments: