Thursday, October 10, 2019

Earworm of the Day: Tough Talking Cowboys



You can call me Sweetheart, tonight.

Randy Vanwarmer, I think, never got the recognition he deserved. Some of the sweetest ballads of my adult life have come from his pen, and, if you're lucky, you'll have heard a couple of them being played on a radio station, sometime in your life. I was lucky – one of the stations in my area had a disk-dump, once (stacks of promotional vinyl they wouldn't play, so they set them out on the curb, literally) and two of his albums were in the pile. I still can't figure out why they were marked "NO!", since there was no offensive language, and only one track would have brought out the ire of my Bible-Belt neighbors in the day… But their loss was my gain. Suzi Found a Weapon, and Randy found a fan for life – possibly beyond.

You're welcome.

No comments: