Friday, October 04, 2019

Earworm of the Day: Sometimes I Wish







Sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten myself hooked on Men At Work in the eighties, but I've never been sorry I've bought every album their former front man  Colin Hay has cut, as soon as I could get my grubby paws on it.

Today, my inside ear has gone around in a terrible triangle of daydreaming, between Colin Hay,  Tevye, and the Barenaked Ladies, (with whom, by no coincidence Hay has shared a 2015 tour) because I saw there's an auction nearby, selling classic and antique tractors and farm memorabilia. Sadly, even if I could afford to buy them all, I'd have no good excuse for doing so. Therefore, I content myself with wishing and hoping and listening to more Colin.


And maybe some Men At Work, after all. Because it's just Overkill.

No comments: