Friday, July 27, 2012

Supper In the City

Just a little something I whipped up while sleeping, last night... put to the tune of "Summer In the City", by Lovin' Spoonful:


Hot damn! supper in the city!
Back of my van kids are tryin to be witty
Downtown, isn’t it a pity
Doesn’t seem to be a sandwich in the city
All around people looking well-fed
Marching on the sidewalk dumber than a bonehead
But uptown there’s a Chick-Fil-A
I’ll just offend the gay
Come on, who cares what you think, Rahm,
Chicago Way, thug Farrakhan...
‘Cuz, babe, don’t you know it’s not pretty
When you’re stomping on our free rights 
To have supper in the city
Where I want to in the city...
Beantown, hungry in the city,
Driving through town and seeing no pity
Baby mewling like kitty...
Don’t wanna drive every corner of the city
‘Til vacuum locks my gas cap
Pull into a station hoping for a little fuel tap
Burlington is a long long drive
Worth it for waffle  fries
Come on, come on, a peach milk shake!
Despite the mobs we need the break
And, babe, don’t you know in the city
you don’t see the same free rights
To have supper in the city
Where I want to in the city...

No comments: