Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Ever wish you had SONIC hearing?"

What a great line for opening an advertisement directed at selling useless gadgets at high prices to people who have no brains!

Duuuuuuude, I hate to break it to you, but unless they're stone deaf, everybody who's watching your ad has sonic hearing. That's what "hearing" means. That's what those little parts inside the ear are in there for: picking up sonic waves and transmitting them via neural pathways into the brain. Give me a few more years before I surrender my sonic hearing to the ravages of old age and genetic disorders. We'll discuss the digital substitutes then. If technology continues to improve, and if socialized medicine doesn't arise in this country and kill the tech solutions' availability.

Sonic hearing.

Duh.

I SO have to move this little computer out of the room where Mom is watching sports.

No comments: