Friday, November 28, 2008

Coulter "silenced" by treatment ofr broken jaw?

A few on the left and NBC (pardon my redundancy) are reporting that Ann Coulter is "silenced" after having her jaw wired shut. Somehow, she broke her jaw (no actual journalism to discover why or how, of course). Then, in order to help it heal, she had it wired shut.

I've had a couple of friends who've had their jaws wired shut, and, let me tell you, they were not silenced. One of them, in fact, talked a lot more while she was wired than she had before the surgery. Of course, that was because, before the surgery, she had spend a lot of time stuffing food into her mouth, and, while recovering from the auto accident which cracked her jaw in three places, she managed to lose nearly seventy pounds... mostly through conversation, I think. (I hope she will forgive me, if she's reading this.)

They don't stitch your lips shut when they wire your jaw shut. You end up just speaking a little differently -- say, like Gloria Upson -- is all.

Besides, Coulter knows how to type and use the innerwebz. Even if it gets too hard to carry on an oral conversation, she can still rip through folks with her column's talons.

Silenced, my Aunt Frances.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was thinking it would take a lot more than an accident to keep Coulter from speaking against the leftist illuminati. I'll be interested to hear her still talk, albeit a bit differently