Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Catblog: How Maus got her name

Even though Maus has brought me little furry prezzies from time to time, from deep in the bowels of our century-old house, Athena actually got her nickname of Maus long before she became an indoor kitteh. The name has nothing to do with her hunting abilities. It comes from her kittenhood. Instead of meowing, she squeaks... and then, more importantly, there was the cartoon mouse painted on her back.
MausBack

Some of my friends say they can't picture a rodent, so here is my best rendering, with a track-ball, as I see it:
Why we call her Maus

Forgive the squiggliness. I used a track-ball because I think she ate the mouse.

For more beasties, all spots and stripes, be sure to stop by Modulator's Friday Ark #200, and, on Sunday, don't miss the CotC, this week to be hosted by Artsy Catsy.

No comments: