Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Dogblog: Profiles in Coolage

This week, even after I'm no longer expected to take Clyde out for his daily constitutionals, I have still come to greatly appreciate this noble beast, and the person (my seester) who "done brung him up right."
Profile In Chillage
When I took this fellow outside, and his feet got wet and/or muddy, he never put them where they didn't belong... He'd come indoors, settle in on his own bed, and proceed to clean his feet carefully and completely.

This, in comparison to a half dozen other dogs I've encountered in the past week or so -- I've had to wash my down-filled winter coat, to remove bunches of muddy prints from all over it.

Clyde does not leap up on people. Clyde is a well-mannered gentleman of a retriever. He may steal food from cats, he may occasionally get into the trash (if it hasn't been put away properly), and he may cold-nose Grammaw when she's not paying attention, but he doesn't leave muddy prints on a person.

Clyde is an exceptional dog. It is agreed: he's the best Christmas present my parents have ever received.


Don't forget to visit Modulator's Friday Ark!

No comments: