Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh, fer cryin' out loud! Schools ban playing tag

An elementary school in Colorado Springs has banned the playing of any running games which involve chasing each other, after some kids complained that they were "chased against their will" or "harassed".

I'm sorry, but, when I was a kid, if I didn't want to be chased in a game of tag, I found some other game to play so that the tagsters wouldn't bother me (for me, it was usually something quiet, nerdy, and sedate, like drawing with the sidewalk chalk). Is it really so hard to teach kids today to do the same thing? I mean, I may have been a bright kid and all, but I hardly think it would take an exceptional mind to figure that one out!

First they took away dodgeball, and I didn't speak up, because I was always the first one hit out. Then they took away tag, and I didn't cry out because I'm a klutz and can't run. Then they took away recess, and there was nobody left to play with, and I became a stupid, dull-as-dishrags couch potato who died early from a severe disinterest in life....

No comments: