Friday, August 17, 2007

Gratuitous postcard, dammit!

For the past few days I've been fighting a dammed sinus-allergy-triggered migraine. I'm fairly lucky -- I'm not totally incapacitated the way my sister-in-law and some of my friends are by the darned things, any more. I've learned to cope with the early onset, and sort of ridden out the worst of it by hiding in a cool, quiet, dark place.

Unfortunately, around my house, there is either cool or quiet. I don't have central air conditioning. I have only a small window AC unit, installed in my bathroom because it's the only window in the house which has easy access to electricity... and it's not the safest arrangement, at that. And it really only cools the bathroom and the passage, dammit! The bedroom stays somewhere in the just-above-comfortably-warm range.

So I hide at the folks' house, in their guest bedroom, where the AC unit is right there, and is relatively quiet. But then, there is the cat.

Maus was spayed only nine days ago. She has been a house guest a the folks' place since then. And, dammit, she likes to walk all over me, when I'm lying down.

Add to it, yesterday for about an hour and a half, the power went down, so, no coolth. Grumble grumble grumble. Whiiiiiiiinnnnne.

On the plus side, the temperature outside has dropped considerably, today. While it was in the upper 90's the day before yesterday, the front blew through and brought us a forecast high of 85ยบ F, today. There's even a nice, gentle breeze. I can live with that... as soon as the throbbing around my skull stops.

Dammit! Where the heck is that bottle of C9H8O4, anyway?

No comments: