Friday, June 01, 2007

Once more, the show must go on

I've been bullying the Bat all day about getting up and getting out. Mostly it's because she has spent the week recovering slowly, she's a little reluctant to attempt to thrust herself into a crowd. But tonight, the Buchanan Center for the Arts is hosting a reception for all us amateur artists who entered our works in the 4th Annual Adult Amateur Show.

After much fuss, I think I've persuaded the Bat to at least make an appearance for a short while. We've dug out her walking stick, so she can tripod her way around, and in case the room spins again, I know where the BCA stores its extra chairs.

If you're going to be anywhere near Monmouth, IL, this evening, come downtown to the Public Square and see what's up, and maybe I'll even keep a civil tongue...


nah. not that. but I promise not to bite.

No comments: