Monday, May 14, 2007

What to do if you go to Virginia

Buy a pie. Or send one to us, out here in flyover country. We don't get many good pee-can or sweet tater pies around here. Don't worry about the fruit pies, though. I have my own cherry, apple, apricot, and (new this year!) peach trees, as well as blueberries, mulberries, currants and raspberries (gooseberries coming soon!) growing in my kitchen garden and south forty (feet), and the Bat makes a darned good crust (when she doesn't cheat and buy pre-fab).

I was searching for something else for somebody interested in visiting some of my old haunts and I stumbled across this website. It seems the Jamestown Pie Company is within reasonable walking distance of (even by my gimpy standards... which means the equivalent of next door to) where my folks used to live, when the Bat and I used to work for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Pop and the Bat moved away from there too soon. Now I lack the good excuse... whimper.

No comments: