Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Strolling through the spring garden

Along the driveway I share with my neighbors, I've managed to get a few flowers to grow...

toward the back end of the drive, just shy of the garage, is the darkest of my iris blossoms
Deep Purple Iris

then, a few steps toward the front of the property, the peonies are threatening to open, and the ants are encouraging them to go there. Ants on Peony Buds

Meanwhile, right up next to the front porch rail is the bridal wreath (spirea) bush Spirea

and up near the street, leaning against the telephone pole,Pale Iris one of the pale iris blooms I transplanted from their place eating away the bulkhead to the basement.


We're all getting spiffed up for my seester's visit this week.

Seester is icumen in
Lhude sing wuhhu!
Cleareth hed and maketh bed
And cleanth the fridge nu –
Sing wuhhu!

No comments: