Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Medieval Mercenaries: meet the author

I just received this message, forwarded to my e-mail:
The Warren County Public Library, in conjunction with OFTA “Old Friends Talk Arts,” reminds you that Professor William Urban, the Lee Morgan Professor of History at Monmouth College will speak about his recently published book titled Medieval Mercenaries: The Business of War on Tuesday, February 27th at 7:00 PM at the Warren County Public Library.

There is no admission charge and free refreshments will be available.
I've mentioned Dr. Urban's book before. And I doubt I've mentioned it, but the good perfesser is also a good lecturer, dynamic and entertaining -- albeit not a stealth educator, as you know from the start he won't let you leave the room with less comprehension of the subject than when you entered.

I am planning to attend, this evening. If you are within a reasonable driving distance of Monmouth, IL, I invite you to join me there. It should prove a fine experience.

No comments: