Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gratuitous postcard: Wish you were here

Postcard: Florida Beaches in Winter
Wish I were here, too.


The actual temp this morning when I woke up was a balmy +02º F. That's a whopping eight degrees warmer than yesterday at the same time. I don't even want to think about wind chills. The mostly-feral kitties are getting their bucket of hot water refreshed several times, and it still freezes over so quickly it ain't funny. The looks on their faces indicate they blame me for their toesies being iced over and their tails being stuck to the pavement when they try to sit down (not an entirely unfunny scene, though, when it happened to Piers in the process of trying to bully Furfur).

Still, I like the cold for myself -- except when I have to shovel snow, or when I fall on the ice. When it's cold, nobody expects me to be out working on the garden, or painting shutters, or some other such strenuous activity. Blogging is wholly acceptable on frigid morns.

If only the computer and the internet connection weren't a whole block and a half from home....

No comments: