Monday, January 22, 2007

Gratuitous Postcard: Illinois in winter

The Illinois Motel, that is.
In the Everglades.
Postcard: The Illinois Motel, Everglades, Florida
Fishing Paradise in the heart of the ten thousand islands Everglades
Wonderland. On Fla Route 29, four miles south of Tamiami Trail (U.S.
route 41). New deluxe units, Kitchenettes, Air Conditioned, Heated,
Tiled showers. Day, week or season. Phone Everglades, Oxford 5-3170.
Boats, guides arranged.


This postcard was in a lot I bought at auction, yesterday, for a pittance (probably only worth a pittance, really, but there were a few cool cards in the batch).

Does anybody know if this place is still standing? It would have to be pretty ripe, by now, I suppose. Still, I'd love to check it out, if I ever get down that way again.

I'm heading back out to shovel snow from my porch, again. It's been a pretty busy week, so far, and the darned thing is just getting started. At least the forecast is for no more precipitation for a few more days, so the cats will be able to find their way back to the food dish.

They're not leaving me nasty notes, right now. Usually the feral males spray my door almost weekly, getting the indoor kitties all agitated. All has been too calm with them, these past few days since the year began.

I grow suspicious. Can it be they took a vacation without me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog post for the Illinois motel. This place belong to my grandparents. It's still there and has been remodeled and actually looks pretty nice. Email if you want details and more pics. firstyearta@yahoo.com Kenny