Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Putting the blind in a duck blind?

Captain Ed Morrissey brings to light an unusual piece of legislation in Texas, one permitting the blind to hunt and shoot. He asks if this is a good idea...

I have to say, I have several friends who shoot for their supper, and, if I had my druthers, some of their family members would never be allowed to go along on the hunts. These are the people of whom it is said, if brains were dynamite, they wouldn't have enough to blow their own noses. A couple of them could get lost on an escalator. Every time they go out for deer or duck or whatever, I worry that I will never see my friends again, because "Bubba" or "Junior" just might mistake them for very big, bright, safety orange mallards.

If it were a choice between somebody legally blind and some intrinsically stupid "Junior", I'd put the shotgun in the hands of the physically handicapped, any day.

No comments: